Annual GARDEN GALA Benefiting
HealthCorps®’ Ninth Annual Black-Tie Fundraiser Gala hosted by co-founders Lisa & Mehmet Oz, M.D.
Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 6:30 pm to Midnight Cipriani Wall Street New York, 55 Wall Street, New York City 10005
To fund HealthCorps’® continued expansion across the United States and raise brand awareness of our fight against the childhood obesity crisis.
● Highlighting our program growth ● Honoring like-minded people who are improving children’s health and well-being ● Promoting the partners who help our programs shine ● Celebrating the success of our Coordinators and Students
Invited Guests include celebrities, politicians, philanthropists, and leaders in business, finance, health, and entertainment
● Hosted by Dr. Mehmet Oz (heart surgeon and the two-time Daytime Emmy® Award-winning host of the three-time Daytime Emmy® Award-winning “The Dr. Oz Show) and his wife Lisa Oz (author and media personality)
● Past Guests include Goldie Hawn, Gloria Steinem, Quincy Jones, Hugh and Deb Jackman, Marlo Thomas, Diane Sawyer, Russell Simmons, Ben Vereen, LL Cool J, Matthew Modine, Wyclef Jean, James Blunt, Gayle King, Harold Hamm, John Mack, Donna Karan, Rocco DiSpirito, New York Governor David Paterson and NY First Lady Michelle Paige Paterson, NYC Council Speaker Christine Quinn, NYC Councilman Joel Rivera, Tara and Peter Guber, Tibor Hollo, Trey Songz, Kevin Liles, BK Boreyko, and Miss Universe.
● Our Host Committee incorporates organizations and individuals from across the country, representing all areas of interest and is currently in formation
The Annual Garden Gala is our largest single fundraising event: through the gala, we have
Details: entertained over 5,300 Guests and raised over $16.1 million.
● Maximum of 600 Guests ● Tickets: $1,000 per person (Sponsor opportunities available) ● Unique “Festival of Health” Cocktail Reception with tasty food samples, performances and interactive exhibits ● VIP Red Carpet Photos with Dr. & Mrs. Oz and our Honorees ● Dinner programs & dancing featuring live music and featured performances ● Printed keepsake Program Journal (advertising opportunities available) ● Online Auction● Gift Bags and Fresh Fruits and Vegetables for all Guests
The Cause: Annual GARDEN GALA Benefiting
501(c) 3 non-profit national service program fighting the childhood obesity crisis by building a nationwide movement to shape a new generation.
Peer-mentoring for the Whole Child, activating students’ mind, body and spirit A New Educational Paradigm for Wellness with an Innovative Curriculum A Living Research Laboratory for Health Messaging A Hub of Coordinators to connect similar organizations
HealthCorps “Coordinators” carry out unique in school and community programming targeting high-need populations. Using peer mentoring to deliver a progressive curriculum in nutrition, fitness and mental strength, HealthCorps Coordinators give teens purpose, help develop human character and inspire an interest in health and culinary arts careers. HealthCorps also serves as a unique research laboratory — exploring the complex, underlying causes of the obesity crisis and discovering and communicating solutions.
We have introduced HealthCorps University, a new “train the trainer” professional development program that makes the HealthCorps principles and curriculum available to virtually any school.
HealthCorps’ national peer mentoring program spans 56 schools in 12 states: (CA, DE, FL, MA, MD, MS, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX) and the District of Columbia. We have impacted 142,900 students and 285,800 friends and family through our work.
For more information please contact:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org